Easton's Bat Limited Warranty (United States & Canada)
Due to new COVID-19 office access guidelines in our warranty claims facility, we are experiencing delays in processing orders. Thank you for your patience while we work through as fast as possible to take care of your needs.
Easton prides itself on the quality and performance of its products, which meet, and often exceed, industry quality and durability criteria or guidelines. However, all materials are subject to fatigue and possible breakdown over time. Easton’s limited bat warranty is as follows:
WHAT BATS ARE COVERED
For the periods specified below from the date of original purchase, Easton will warrant the following bats against defects in materials or workmanship:
- Composite and Aluminum bats 1 year
- Hybrid and “Comp”-model Wood bats 90 days
WHAT BATS ARE EXCLUDED
- All Senior Softball and all wood bats do not have a warranty.
This warranty is limited to one bat per original purchase and can be redeemed only by the original purchaser. Bats under this warranty will only be repaired or replaced once under warranty.
This warranty applies only to defects in materials and workmanship and does not apply to any representations of bat weight or size. For more information about bat weights and sizes, see “Bat Weight and Sizes” on Easton.com.
SUBMITTING A WARRANTY CLAIM FOR BATS PURCHASED IN THE U.S. AND CANADA (For bats purchased outside of the U.S. and Canada, see below)
In order for Easton to process your warranty claim:
- Do not return the bat to your sporting goods dealer!
- Go to https://www.easton.com/batwarranty to fill out a bat warranty submission form to receive a return authorization number and instructions on how to return your bat.
- The defective bat must be accompanied by the ORIGINAL RECEIPT (proof of purchase) and, if applicable, the MATCHING HOLOGRAM STICKER (hologram stickers are applied to all composite bats and all performance aluminum bats). Bats returned for warranty without proof of purchase (or hologram sticker, if applicable) will not be eligible for warranty coverage.
- THE HOLOGRAM STICKER (if applicable) MUST MATCH THE HOLOGRAM THAT IS PERMANENTLY AFFIXED TO THE HANDLE/TAPER AREA OF THE BAT.
NOTE: The bat must have been purchased from an authorized Easton dealer (Warranty does not apply to bats purchased from non-authorized third parties, including but not limited to sellers operating on third-party auction sites unless those sellers are authorized Easton dealers. To obtain warranty coverage, please select your retailers carefully and make sure your retailer is an authorized Easton dealer). If you are unsure if a particular retailer is an authorized Easton dealer, please contact customer service at 800-6EASTON.
- If Easton determines that the bat is eligible for warranty coverage, it will be repaired or replaced by a bat of equal value.
NOTE: If Easton determines a replacement bat is appropriate, Easton will only provide replacement bats:
- for use within the same sport (i.e., returned baseball bats that are accepted for warranty return will be replaced with a baseball bat, fast pitch for fast pitch, etc.) and;
- for the same certification type/standard as the returned bat (i.e., returned bats approved for use in the USSSA that are accepted for warranty return will be replaced with a USSSA-approved bat, ASA-approved bats for ASA-approved bats, USA Baseball-approved bats for USA Baseball-approved bats, etc.)
- If Easton deems that the bat is ineligible for warranty coverage, the bat will be returned to you with notice of explanation.
NOTE: Warranty coverage will be determined exclusively by Easton. Easton cannot guarantee warranty coverage of your product until it is inspected and determined to be warranty eligible. Once received, if Easton determines that the product is eligible for warranty coverage, a repaired or replacement product will be shipped via Ground Delivery within a reasonable amount of time. Easton reserves the right to substitute similar product if necessary. The decision to replace a defective bat with a repaired or replacement bat, including a substitute model, is within the sole discretion of Easton.
CONSEQUENTIAL AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARE NOT RECOVERABLE UNDER THIS WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
THIS WARRANTY IS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY FOR THIS PRODUCT AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
Dispute Resolution and Arbitration; Class Action Waiver. In the interest of resolving disputes between you and Easton in the most expedient and cost effective manner, you and Easton agree that any and all disputes arising in connection with this product will be resolved by binding arbitration. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and can be subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. Our agreement to arbitrate disputes includes, but is not limited to, all claims arising out of or relating to any aspect this product, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation or any other legal theory, and regardless of when the claims arise. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THESE TERMS, YOU AND EASTON ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
PROPER BAT CARE & USE INSTRUCTIONS
This is a high performance product, designed to deliver maximum performance within the limits of the association rules. In order to deliver peak performance, this bat is not indestructible. In fact, its useful life is partly determined by the number of hard hits it takes over its lifetime. For this reason, this bat is designed with the intent of individual use. It is not designed or intended to be used as a team bat by multiple players or as a “loaner” bat at a commercial facility.
To extend the useful life of your bat, Easton suggests the following:
- Use with leather covered balls only
- Limit the bat to your individual use only
- Rotate the bat ¼ turn each at-bat
To clean your bat, use only mild soap and water.
WARNING: Hitting metal cleats, rocks, or anything other than a ball can damage your bat, cause injury to you or others, and will void the warranty.
WARNING: While composite bats are more durable than wood bats, composite bats also can break, so use care. Further, deep scratches, nicks or dents can cause these bats to break at any time. Metal and/or composite bats should be replaced approximately every two years assuming normal usage. Breakage can cause injury to the batter, and to other players and to spectators. Inspect your bat regularly for cracks, nicks, dents, surface damage or excessive wear and replace the bat as needed. DO NOT USE BAT IF EXCESSIVELY WORN OR DAMAGED.
WARNING: Avoid using your bat in cold weather. Temperatures below 60 degrees Fahrenheit (15 degrees Celsius) significantly increase the hardness of the ball.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Normal wear and tear
- Bats that have been abused, altered or mistreated
- Bats that have been used to hit cage balls
- Bats that have been used in temperatures under 60°F (15°C)
- Bats purchased from non-authorized Easton dealers or individuals
- Bats purchased at auction, or on auction websites (unless sellers are authorized Easton dealers)
- Grip replacements
- Bats that have been used with weighted training balls
- Bats that have been transferred from the original purchaser
- Bats used as team bats by multiple players
- Bats used as commercial bats (for example, “loaner” bats at commercial batting cages)
- Box or shipping return label
- Any cost for the reutn of warranty claim
Easton does not approve of or authorize the purchaser to physically alter the bat in any manner whatsoever. Alteration includes, but is not limited to: bat “doctoring,” rolling in a vice, hitting objects other than approved balls, inner wall shaving, end-loading, and any other action that is designed to change the character or performance attributes of the bat. Any suspected alteration of the bat will nullify the Easton Limited Warranty.
OUTSIDE THE U.S AND CANADA:
Do not return the bat directly to Easton! Return the defective bat along with the proof of purchase to the sporting goods dealer from which it was purchased. If the dealer determines that the bat is eligible for warranty coverage, he or she should provide you with a replacement bat or order one from Easton if the desired model or size is temporarily out of stock. If the dealer deems the bat is not eligible for warranty coverage, it will be returned to you.